Thursday, February 15, 2007

A 30 hour day

I made it to the airport, miraculously (I'm typing from a strange pay-as-you-go internet station, I used up all my small Euro change.) Got up at 5 AM GMT which isn't morning or even late at night EST. I'm going to be awake for more than 24 hours before the day is through, and I only slept about 2 hours last night. I'm proud of myself for getting here, though, I trekked through sleeping Dublin to the AirCoach stop, only having to ask for directions once, I thought I managed to lose my iPod headphones (but didn't), and I successfully e-checked in, although I will have to recheck in (?) in Paris. I have about E5 left to buy coffee in Charles De Gaulle.
Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

P.S. European keyboards are very strange! I didn't think there was anything different until I went to type symbols and found them all in different places (to make room for the dollar and Euro sign, presumably.) Odd!

1 comment:

Cedric said...

hey alissa!
great to know my readership or photographiship is expanding! i like your blog, and am definitely appreciatin' the neo-communistic layout. i hope you are able to update and access blogger/blogspot, too, because at last check (last summer) blogspot was blocked by our favorite commies.