Thursday, January 19, 2012

And we're back

I offer my extended apologies to you and yours. After a lengthy time away (including a wonderful three-week holiday to England, stories of which to come), I am back in Spain and at this blog. And I am sad to report that technology is to blame for part of my absence.

During a couple of quiet, slow, lovely days holed up at my friend Gareth's house just outside Canterbury, Kent, England, I wrote a follow up to my now long-ago series on boredom and my life in Spain. I was quite happy with it, and I put the finishing touches on it in a hurry as I prepared to go out for a rollicking night of bowling and Indian food with Gareth and his family. When I returned here the next day to re-check everything for typos, I was horrified to find that my carefully-elucidated thoughts had been turned into a smattering of symbols and numbers--just another in a long line of blog entries eaten by the Internet. I am not the first, nor will I be the last to let out that special "But-where-did-it-gooooo" wail.

I admit I was a bit shell-shocked after that, and between my trauma, the whirlwind of last UK days, and the brisk business of getting established for a new term and a new year, I haven't been back. But! I shall endeavor to recreate the glory (or, well, the... something) of my poor lost entry, as well as post some lovely photos and recount anecdotes from my life and travels and the end of 2011 and beyond.

Feliz Año Nuevo!

No comments: